Metgasco is committed to conducting its business in a manner that prevents injury or illness to employees, contractors, visitors, customers and the general public. We encourage best practice in managing health and safety within our community and promote a culture where harm to our people through work is unacceptable.
We believe that:
- All injuries are preventable;
- No business objective should take priority over health and safety;
- No task is so important or urgent that it cannot be conducted safely; and
- Without diminishing management’s obligations, the responsibility and accountability for health and safety rests with each individual.
In meeting our commitment we will:
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership through all of our managers and provide resources to achieveour health and safety objectives;
- Comply with or exceed all relevant legislation and standards;
- Proactively encourage a risk management approach to safety to manage all risks to a level as low as is reasonably practicable;
- Consult with and promote active participation of our employees and contractors in the management of their own and others’ health and safety;
- If an injury occurs, support the injured person to achieve full recovery through prompt treatment and rehabilitation programs following workplace illness or injury;
- Set measurable targets and seek to continually improve our health and safety performance; and
- Periodically review and maintain our health and safety policy and procedures.
Please click on PDF icon above to view signed document