Metgasco Ltd (Metgasco or the Company) is committed to conducting its business in a manner that prevents injury or illness to employees, contractors, visitors, customers and the general public. We encourage best practice in managing health and safety within our community and promote a culture where harm to our people through work is unacceptable.
We believe that:
- all injuries are preventable;
- no business objective should take priority over health and safety;
- no task is so important or urgent that it cannot be conducted safely; and
- without diminishing management’s obligations, the responsibility and accountability for health and safety rests with each individual.
In meeting our commitment we will:
- demonstrate commitment and leadership through all of our managers and provide resources to achieve our health and safety objectives;
- comply with or exceed all relevant legislation and standards;
- proactively encourage a risk management approach to safety to manage all risks to a level as low as is reasonably practicable;
- consult with and promote active participation of our employees and contractors in the management of their own and others’ health and safety;
- if an injury occurs, support the injured person to achieve full recovery through prompt treatment and rehabilitation programs following workplace illness or injury;
- set measurable targets and seek to continually improve our health and safety performance; and
- periodically review and maintain our health and safety policy and procedures.
The Board is committed to working with Metgasco personnel to ensure that this policy is communicated, understood, accepted and successfully implemented by all employees and contractors.
This Policy was approved by the Board on 1 March 2019.